Position Title: Communications Intern
Reports to: Coalition Preceptor
The African American Health Coalition is dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles and advocating for healthy communities for people of African descent.
The primary purpose of the communications intern position is to increase the visibility of the African American Health Coalition and its community education and outreach programs by assisting with the implementation of strategic communication campaigns.
- Assists with the distribution of information in traditional communications media as well as social media channels.
- Helps update and maintain the Coalition website.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Assists with developing content, writing and maintaining the Coalition’s blog.
Assists with development and implementation of communication plans to publicize the African American Health Coalition meetings, programs and, services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working toward a college degree (undergraduate or graduate) preferably in a related field (e.g. Public Relations, Journalism, or Communications, or other relevant major).
- Previous internship and/or work experience in Web communications, including writing for the Web, blogs, search engine optimization (SEO) and social media.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Requires the ability to use information technology for personal productivity. Must be able to operate standard office equipment. Requires functional proficiency and literacy in the use of standard Microsoft Office software and other programs specific to job functions such as Adobe InDesign and PhotoShop. Must have knowledge of Internet usage.
- This is an unpaid/volunteer internship. However, there may be an opportunity to earn academic credit.
How to Apply
- Please send a brief cover letter outlining your relevant coursework and/or experience and resume to email@example.com.