What We Do
· Bi-monthly education sessions/meetings that focus on the social determinants of health.
· “Line Dance Your Way to Healthy”
The African American Health Coalition partnered with the Judson Robinson Jr. Community Center to host 2 physical activity events: “Line Dance Your Way to Healthy”. We had over 40 participants try different types of physical activity including Zumba, line dancing, and yoga. Participants were also able to visit health and social services vendors to learn about local resources.
· The Care Continuum Card (view PDF here)
This card helps to address health literacy by helping individuals navigate the healthcare system by providing definitions of commonly used terms and guidance on how to utilize the appropriate medical services.
· Health Advocacy 101 Training – funded by Astra Zeneca
· I Want My Nine Months Training
· Sisters Network Walk
· National Minority Cancer Awareness Week
· CHOICES Teen Summit
· Partner with City of Houston on the Community Transformation Grant
· Official supporter of Smoke Free Texas